A dazzling smile portrays an amiable and confident personality that impacts one’s professional and personal life both to a great extent. Right after they were invented in the 1920s, veneers were used to give the movie actors a dazzling smile during the shoot. But they were not able to provide permanent solutions at that point. Nevertheless, thanks to the technological advancements, today, thousands of cosmetic dentists prescribe porcelain veneers as a permanent solution for smile correction. So if you are unhappy with the site of your smile, these are something that you should consider. They happen to be one of the most popular choices today. But prior to opting for the veneers one you must first try to understand whether you are the right candidate for this treatment and if they are applicable for your condition.
Here are some of the conditions that make you eligible for these. Just read on.
- You have Severely Stained Teeth – Mild to moderate external discolouration can be effectively treated with whitening treatments. But the extremely dark ones do not usually respond to these types of therapy. But the veneers cover up any kind of tints even the internally discoloured ones resulting from the decay and old fillings.
- You Cracked, Broken or Chipped Teeth – In order to fix the cracked, chipped or broken dental assets there are a few options. Your face may get smacked at the gym or you may get hit with a ball in the face. These kinds of accidents can result in broken tooth. On the basis of the severity of the chip, crack or break the dentist can suggest you these. He can restore your smile by customising veneer to match with the rest of your dental set.
- You Are Not Happy with Your Smile – There can be a host of reasons for which you may not like your smile. It can be because of misaligned or stained teeth resulting from years of smoking or it may happen that you own the crooked ones that destroy your looks. There are, in fact, almost always minimum three things that you don’t like about your smile. These coverings can go a long way in fixing this and help you achieve the smile that you have always wanted.
- You Have Sufficient Amount of Tooth Enamel –These adhere to your enamel. The underlying layer still remains even though the dentist can do away with some of the unwanted enamel. Without the proper amount of enamel they will not have ample amount of strong bonding to adhere to.
- There are Gaps between Your Teeth – Having small or big gaps in between is something that is very common. This is responsible for making people feel embarrassed at the time of smiling. While bonding is the right choice for some, veneers are for others. After proper analysing your dentist will be able to advise you which one to go for.
- You Have More or Less Straight Teeth – These tools can assist in correcting the mildly crooked smile. But In case you have malocclusion that is a misaligned bite or severely misaligned dental set, these orthodontic products are not for you. Pressure can be created on them if there is severe misalignment and the porcelain can crack.
- Overall Dental Health is Good – It is imperative that you have strong oral health prior to undergoing any required orthodontic treatment. Nevertheless, after some restorative therapies you will surely be able to get the veneers without much trouble.
- You do Not Clench or Grind the Teeth– Grinding or Bruxism can also lead to the fractures in the porcelain that can lead to chips and fractures. Similarly, you may not be a candidate for this type of external add-ons if you chew on ice or chew the nail. These habits are detrimental to your oral health too and hence can render this therapy useless as well.
The above are some of the essential signs that portray that you can turn out to be a good candidate for the veneers to get the smile of your dreams.